Managing Editor, and Sports Editor – The Boca Raton Tribune, Boca Raton, FL
January 2010 – Present
- Currently responsible for editing, writing, and proofread all articles; including interviewing from celebrity figures to Fortune 500 Businesses for Boca Raton’s #1 news source, a weekly publication with circulation of 21,800 servicing the City of Boca Raton.
- Maintain and responsible for both online version as well as print, also their mass eDaily update lead ins to the paper.
- Oversee and implement Social Media for The Tribune including but not limited to; Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin
- Oversee and train interns at The Tribune. Also proof and co-write High School sports columns to help students refine their articles.
- Assist with newspaper layouts; photos in articles
Sports Editor – The Beachcomber: Palm Beach State Student Newspaper, Boca Raton, FL
August 2009 – August 2012
- Interview both amateur and celebrity figures with monthly columns in sports for their print and online version.
- Regularly attend games to cover as a reporter, the PBS basketball and baseball teams.
- Edit all sports articles that run in the newspaper.
Publicity Assistant – TransMedia Group, Boca Raton, FL
June 2011 – June 2012
- Attend weekly staff meetings, collaborating with team members on goal implementation and taking project on from start to finish.
- Respected for personal qualities, including responsible on time, intelligent input for ideas, firm in response, organized and personable.
- Provided creative direction with Social Media for various clients such as Stanley Steemer and The Fraud Dog.
- Developed multi-media synergistic approach to client products and services including Wrap Media’s launch involving Sheets.
- Participated in event planning; venue, special guests, targeted guest attendance, securing media at event and servicing post event photos with story to various media outlets.
Internship with ESPN Radio 760 – ESPN Radio 760, West Palm Beach, FL
June – August 2010
- Accompanied On-Air reporters on assignments such as sports games and celebrity interviews.
- Fielded call-ins from listeners to ensure proper prompt.
- Operated On-Air equipment; switchboard, edited interviews, assisted with interviews, call-ins & promotions.
Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Open Office, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Access, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Cool Edit Pro, Navigate Cision.com, Extensive Researcher, Social Media Pro (Experienced in all forms of Social Media. Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn) and Fluent in Portuguese